Transportation at USF is not just about cars. Learn about alternatives for students, staff and faculty at the Transportation EXPO.
When: Wednesday, September 29, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Phyllis Marshall Student Center Atrium
What you will find:
- Zimride: a new carpooling service at USF that lets you find rides using your social network
- New Preferential Parking for Carpoolers: offered by USF Parking and Transportation Services
- WeCar: hourly car rental saves you big money and makes a car available when you need it
- Bull Runner Shuttle features automated vehicle tracker, use your iPhone to know exactly when the next bus arrives
- HART regional bus service: Students ride for free!
- 8 free Emergency taxi Rides Home: available to those who use transportation alternatives
- SAFE Team: night time escort provided by Student Government
- ZingoTampa: gets you and your car home safely when you shouldn’t be driving
- Borrow Our Bikes Bull Rider Program at Campus Recreation: provided by Student Government
- Campus Police bicycle anti-theft registration: from 2-4 pm
- Free classes on bicycle and pedestrian safety every hour
- Learn about long range transportation plans for Tampa Bay area
- Learn about the proposed rapid transit service that could connect downtown Tampa to USF and beyond and differing perspectives about it
- Join Tampa BayCycle, the USF Bicycle Club and WalkWise Tampa Bay for safe bicycling and walking
- Find out about plans to place electric plug-in infrastructure throughout the region to make electric vehicles a reliable transportation option
- Register to vote! Hillsborough County League of Women Voters, and volunteers from the USF Residence Hall Association and the USF Student Chapter of ITE will help you from 11 am –2 pm
Co-Sponsored by: USF Office of Sustainability and the New North Transportation Alliance
For more information, contact Sara Hendricks at Hendricks@cutr.usf.edu.
Attend a public hearing on the Alternatives Analysis Study
|Saturday, September 25
9AM – 12 Noon
University Area Community Development Center
14013 North 22nd St.
Tampa, Florida 33613
|Thursday, September 30
4:30PM – 6:30PM
County Center, 2nd Floor
BOCC Board Room
601 East Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Provide your feedback and comments on the alignments and technology
*All comments on the Alternatives Analysis must be received by October 7. For more information, visit www.gohartaa.org.
A New Tampa & Wesley Chapel: Making Better Connections mobility forum is scheduled for:
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Information Displays at 5:30pm/Meeting at 6:30pm
Wharton High School 20150 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa
Hosted by: Jack Harris, Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio, Hillsborough Commissioner Mark Sharpe, Pasco Commissioners Ann Hildebrand and Pat Mulieri
Transportation improvements are scheduled for Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Cross Creek Boulevard, SR 54, SR 56, I-75, and more. These improvements include roads, rail, bus, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities. Let your voice be heard about the future of transportation in your area. For complete details, view the flyer.
A new carpool parking permit program is available for commuters at the USF Tampa Campusl. Read an article published in the USF Oracle.
Learn more about the transportation initiative for Hillsborough County including road projects, expanded bus service, and light rail at the University Area Transportation Summit.
Wednesday, July 14 5:30 to 7:30pm
University Research Park Building: 3720 Spectrum Blvd *Enter through the USF Tampa campus main entrance
Speakers include: Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio and Jim Davis, former U.S. Congressman
Mark your calendar for the Wednesday, July 14 summer meeting of the New North Transportation Alliance Advisory Board. We invite guests to attend the Summer Meeting and meet our Advisory Board.
The meeting will begin at 8 a.m. at the Center for Urban Transportation Research at USF. Enjoy coffee, juice and pastry and network with members before the meeting begins. PLEASE RSVP to Julie Bond, NNTA Director at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
During the meeting:
- Learn the latest from HART. HART is in the last phase of the Alternative Analysis study which is looking at transit improvements in the corridors extending from USF to Downtown on to Westshore. The study recommendations on the preferred alignment and technology are scheduled to be presented to the HART Board in August 2010.
- Hear an informative presentation about the St. Petersburg Downtown Looper Trolley from Eric Carlson, Transportation Director, St Petersburg Downtown Partnership Inc.
- Find out about the “new” Grassroots Pedestrian Outreach Campaign for Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco Counties and how you can participate!
DATE AND TIME
Friday, June 25, 2010, 9:30 a.m.
Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Seven Office, 11201 North McKinley Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Agenda will be available 3-5 days prior to meeting at:
The Spring 2010 update on the HART Alternatives Analysis is now available. For more information, visit www.GOHARTAA.org.