Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 6:00pm A public hearing on mobility fees for development will be held at East Bay High School , 7710 Old Big Bend Road in Gibsonton.
Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 6:00pm. A public hearing on a proposed half-cent sales tax referendum will be held at the All People’s Life Center, 6105 E. Sligh Avenue, Tampa.
How do you envision the Tampa Bypass Canal trail?
The proposed 17-mile Bypass Canal Trail running from Flatwoods Park to Adamo Drive is envisioned as a 12-foot multi-use trail connecting parks and communities. It includes over and under passes, and roadway crossings.
Please join us for a public open house on Thursday, September 20th from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm at:
Veterans Memorial Park
3602 Highway 301, Tampa, Florida 33619
Stop by anytime from 4:30 to 6:30pm to view the project scope and discuss aspects of the design,including road shoulders, roadway crossings,and over & under passes, with members of the design team.
The study is a cooperative effort among:
South Florida Water Management District
Florida Department of Transportation
Hillsborough County Parks
City of Tampa
Hillsborough Aviation Authority
Tampa Expressway Authority
Metropolitan Planning Organization
Persons planning to attend this meeting in need of special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or who require interpreter services (free of charge) should contact Michele Ogilvie at 813.273.3774 x317 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days in advance.
Florida is about to make U.S. transportation history as the first state to create a high-speed rail network with trains connecting its metropolitan areas at speeds of up to 200 mph. The first segment to be constructed will be Orlando to Tampa, with Miami to Orlando scheduled to follow.
To bring this future to life now, Siemens – the world’s leading provider of Complete Mobility solutions – announces The Future of Florida High-Speed Rail Tour. Come hear the bold vision in store for Florida’s transportation future that Siemens and its consortium partners are envisioning. Walk through a full-size model of a Velaro high-speed train from Siemens and learn about what make these trains run—safely, super fast and sustainably!
Dates: October 8, 2010 (2 PM – 7 PM) and October 9-10, 2010 (9 AM – 5 PM)
Location: MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)
4801 E. Fowler Avenue
Beginning September 20 through November 18, the USF Bull Runner D Route will be on a detour route due to construction on 22nd Street. This will cause some delays and may interfere with BullTracker effectiveness. USF Parking and Transportation is actively monitoring and making adjustments as necessary to minimize the impact.
Transportation at USF is not just about cars. Learn about alternatives for students, staff and faculty at the Transportation EXPO.
When: Wednesday, September 29, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Phyllis Marshall Student Center Atrium
What you will find:
- Zimride: a new carpooling service at USF that lets you find rides using your social network
- New Preferential Parking for Carpoolers: offered by USF Parking and Transportation Services
- WeCar: hourly car rental saves you big money and makes a car available when you need it
- Bull Runner Shuttle features automated vehicle tracker, use your iPhone to know exactly when the next bus arrives
- HART regional bus service: Students ride for free!
- 8 free Emergency taxi Rides Home: available to those who use transportation alternatives
- SAFE Team: night time escort provided by Student Government
- ZingoTampa: gets you and your car home safely when you shouldn’t be driving
- Borrow Our Bikes Bull Rider Program at Campus Recreation: provided by Student Government
- Campus Police bicycle anti-theft registration: from 2-4 pm
- Free classes on bicycle and pedestrian safety every hour
- Learn about long range transportation plans for Tampa Bay area
- Learn about the proposed rapid transit service that could connect downtown Tampa to USF and beyond and differing perspectives about it
- Join Tampa BayCycle, the USF Bicycle Club and WalkWise Tampa Bay for safe bicycling and walking
- Find out about plans to place electric plug-in infrastructure throughout the region to make electric vehicles a reliable transportation option
- Register to vote! Hillsborough County League of Women Voters, and volunteers from the USF Residence Hall Association and the USF Student Chapter of ITE will help you from 11 am –2 pm
Co-Sponsored by: USF Office of Sustainability and the New North Transportation Alliance
For more information, contact Sara Hendricks at Hendricks@cutr.usf.edu.
Attend a public hearing on the Alternatives Analysis Study
|Saturday, September 25
9AM – 12 Noon
University Area Community Development Center
14013 North 22nd St.
Tampa, Florida 33613
|Thursday, September 30
4:30PM – 6:30PM
County Center, 2nd Floor
BOCC Board Room
601 East Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Provide your feedback and comments on the alignments and technology
*All comments on the Alternatives Analysis must be received by October 7. For more information, visit www.gohartaa.org.
A New Tampa & Wesley Chapel: Making Better Connections mobility forum is scheduled for:
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Information Displays at 5:30pm/Meeting at 6:30pm
Wharton High School 20150 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa
Hosted by: Jack Harris, Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio, Hillsborough Commissioner Mark Sharpe, Pasco Commissioners Ann Hildebrand and Pat Mulieri
Transportation improvements are scheduled for Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Cross Creek Boulevard, SR 54, SR 56, I-75, and more. These improvements include roads, rail, bus, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities. Let your voice be heard about the future of transportation in your area. For complete details, view the flyer.
Learn more about the transportation initiative for Hillsborough County including road projects, expanded bus service, and light rail at the University Area Transportation Summit.
Wednesday, July 14 5:30 to 7:30pm
University Research Park Building: 3720 Spectrum Blvd *Enter through the USF Tampa campus main entrance
Speakers include: Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio and Jim Davis, former U.S. Congressman
The Hillsborough Board of County Commission set a date to hear public input on the proposed penny sales tax referendum, benefiting transit expansion.
Date: May 13 at 6p.m.
Place: All Peoples Life Center, 6105 E. Sligh Avenue, behind King High School
Visit http://www.gohart.org for further information.